Sunday, 13 April, 2008

20

The last few hours of my teen life, then I turn 20. While not old, it does sound ominous, a little solemn. It is not a grand old age, where one arrives at most answers to life, knowing where you are going, what you intend to achieve. I still do not understand most of the world and much less, myself.

The only thing I can say for sure is that I have come to terms with the fact that after changing two cities, three houses, three schools, two colleges and one major, umpteen sets of friends and relationships:I will never be constant. Kind of a paradoxical thing to be sure of!

I also know a blank page is scary as well as inspiring. Whatever I write makes me cringe but write I will.

I really do not learn from my mistakes or history or dwell upon the past. What makes me better is thinking about tomorrow.

The idea of being cynical, silent and intellectual is romantic, but I’ll remain the eternal frivolous optimist.

Peace is being holed up in my room in comfy rags, geeky glasses with a book

I'm learning to accept mediocrity, one slow realization at a time. Not everything and everyone is the best, especially oneself.

I really do love my life, with all the good, the bad, the blunders and achievements; the one thing it has never been is boring or stagnant.

Neither my life nor this post is going the planned profound way I thought it should go, everything takes it's own way and works out, I'm learning to relax.

Just a few weeks back, in a laid back town pursuing a beyond mediocre degree with no future prospects, turning 20 seemed ancient and boring. But here I finally am, in the capital, at the brink of a new life and killer working stint, sitting in my own room writing this, and it feels like a Take Offff………..

Leaves are falling all around, It's time I was on my way.

Thanks to you, I'm much obliged for such a pleasant stay

But now it's time for me to go. The autumn moon lights my way.

For now I smell the rain, and with it pain, and it's headed my way.

Sometimes I grow so tired, but I know I've got one thing I got to do...

Ramble On,

And now's the time, the time is now, to sing my song

I'm goin' 'round the world I've been this way ten years to the day,

Ramble On,

Got no time to for spreadin' roots, The time has come to be gone.

And to' our health we drank a thousand times, it's time to Ramble On.

- Led Zeppelin

4 comments:

abhishek said...

You have lived a blessed life so far...im sure you gonna go places in the future...wouldve loved to be with you on your 20th :(

Anushil said...

hey thr, its kinda late, but wish u very happy b'day. may god bless u wid all tat u wish for and all tat u deserve.
20 certainly is a mile stone, for me it was a happy one, i'm approaching another one 25 now! they seem more like mill stones now;)

A compliment, somehow the energy and verve I see in you and your writings ,alongwith in some of my other 'younger' friends inspire me, to do things, to wake up n write:) Keep it up.Smiles.
Anushil

Vague Entity said...

@ Abhishek and Anushil:
Thanks a lot!!!

Scribblers Inc said...

Its coming great...It really is....Let randomness sink in a little more...then sit back and watch the magic unfold...